Sunday 26 February 2012

Film noir survey overview.

From the experience of using survey monkey i've learnt how to write a good question to produce the best answer. I printed out my final survey and asked someone in my class to answer it and write comments on how I could improve it.
I'm creating my film noir opening for mostly younger adults so 17 to 25 year olds. It made sense for my survey to be online since my survey questions are aimed at younger people, the majority of people online are young. If the film noir I was making was for elderly people for example, I'd use another way of getting my survey around like handing out my surveys directly, having them in the newspaper or on posters where they might see them.
I created this survey to help me find out what my audience would like to see in my opening film noir that i'll be making later. My aim for this survey was to ask peoples opinions on film noir, an example of a question is 'Do you like the storylines of film noir?' I gave them three options for the answer and they were yes, no and sometimes. But this is all assuming they know what a film noir is. However I feel like I could have improved that question by expanding it, I would do this by creating another question that says 'what is it that you like or dislike about the storylines of film noir?' and added a text box for the answer so they can write as much or little as they want. It would be better to have an open text box because the question is pure opinion, every answer is going to be different. Overall I think surveys are a really good way at getting the answers you need, my survey did this because I asked questions about different aspects of film noir. However I think I could have expanded more questions in asking them to write down their opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment